Friday, March 9

Join Kony 2012

If you don't know what I mean by "Kony 2012", you need to watch this video right now.  And don't dismiss it; it is really happening in the world we live in right now, and sometimes we just need to THINK BIGGER! Outside our 10 block radius into our cities, states, nation and world.  It is worth all the time spent on it (despite some small propaganda).



I know there are a lot of haters out there, but I don't know how you can hate this organization, or the ideas and the compassion and the action that they are stirring in our communities.  I agree that a lot of people don't know about this man and the atrocities that he has been committing while the world powers looked the other way because he wasn't threatening our children and homes.

And I believe in the power of individual people to change lives that are thousands of miles away.  I didn't think I did for the longest time, but I do now.  I can make a difference in my world, through government, through standing up and speaking out, through the education of myself and others.  In so many ways.

And this is one thing that I want to speak up about.  I went to an unorthodox elementary and middle school, and we had the opportunity to be sister schools with a school in Uganda.  Our sister school was a ways from the war front, but we still heard about the atrocities and the hope that the school brought to their community of children, hope for a life beyond the armies that threatened them.  They were hope in a time of despair and the desperate struggle to rebuild.  Schools, homes, lives.  I met teachers and students that had nothing else but their joy in learning, and I want that for every child in Africa.

We have power in our hands if we will use it.  So speak up. Share the burden and the light.