Friday, December 16

The Purpose of It All (or maybe just this blog...)

I really don't know what I am doing, and what I am going to write, and what I think is valuable enough to shout out to the world, so I guess we will discover it as I go along.  But here are some ideas:
I want to write about ideas, creations, inspirations.  Dreams, stories, and experiences.  I want to share the things that make me marvel at life, and the knowledge worth discovering.  I have no idea yet who will even read this or why, but if you care to share your why's and wherefore's, I would love to hear about your life.

I guess you should know that I am a college student in love with learning just about anything (except chemistry. stereotypical, I know, but I can't help it).
I dream of owning a sailing boat, though I don't know how to sail;
of living in Washington, D.C. though I hate politics;
and of writing something someone will quote with admiration one day.
I have practical dreams too, but who cares about those?

I got the idea to blog from a class actually.  Yes, a college course where my two professors were awesome, not stuffy and where I was re-inspired with my passion for learning and for directing my own course in learning.  The blogs we created are in my links on the side.
The other inspiration for this blog is also linked there: the blog and website of Eva Timothy.  Her great photos of the "Lost in Learning" exhibit are currently on display at my library, and I love them!!
So that's another thing about this blog: I will probably only write things that I am in love with, or am thinking about a lot, or that I like thinking and arguing about.

So welcome to my writings on what is worth fighting for in life, what is worth talking about, what is worth the attention that I will give it on this blog.
The good, the beautiful, the amazing, the idealistic, the imaginative.
The hard, the challenging, the powerful, the controversial, the difficult.
The things that give life color and sketch its outline.  And in all of this, I will be painting a picture of me, because that's what this is all about: my opinions and the lenses I use to see the world.

At the end of the day, it is how I view the world.
And its a breathtaking place.